KWTX-TV News 10 CBS
Central Texas | Waco-Temple-Killeen
Central Texas | Waco-Temple-Killeen
May 26th, 2015
Learning so much about water lately, I originally wanted to write an informative DIY post on how to make your own rain barrel, but decided I am actually more interested in storms and the massive amounts of rain we've been experiencing in the lower half of the country for the last two weeks. Is this above average for this time of year? Could we be using this rain water more efficiently on a larger scale?
I started researching in Google Scholar and quickly found how extensive and jargon-y academic journals on the topic of rainfall is.
I did find the National Weather Service Forecast office site which provides lots of information on weather observations, climate predictions, astronomical data, local hazards and much more. You can enter your location and find out so many facts about your local weather. There are lots of maps and graphs to decipher. Here's a link to the site:
This site is loaded with data. You can compare our weather today with past records for your home town. You can find predictions on precipitation, temperature and drought.
I could see this website used for a research project on meteorology by means of technology, inferring, and lots of discussion.
The forecast... more rain on the way!
I'm looking forward to the other group presentation on clouds tomorrow. Just tonight, the clouds looked amazing around sunset! Clouds like those always leave me in wonderment... what is going on up there? They look so powerful! Two thumbs up on subject choice, other group.
Oh and in case you are interested in helpful rain barrel info:

Brings back memories of the Nashville flood. My entire neighborhood was under water, and it flooded the house right next to mine. I got suuuuuper lucky...
ReplyDelete